Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vito Cl shutter blades Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Vito Cl shutter blades « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tranquilo
Tinkerer
Username: Tranquilo

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! this is my first post and I've come to this forum after looking for a way to fix a specific problem with a camera a friend of mine has gave to me.
The Camera is a Voigtlander Vito CL. the camera is in great shape BUT there is a big problem with the diaphragm. this problem only allows to take good pictures wile the lens is wide open (f2.8). I tink you will have a better description of the problem by looking at this photos:
@f8
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/tranquilissimo/f8.jpg

@f22
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/tranquilissimo/f22.jpg

@f2.8 (wide open)
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/tranquilissimo/f28.jpg

I was wondering if anybody knows this problem, and what I would much appreciate would be to someone kind enough explain to me how to dismantle the lens to see whats going on because I'm not interested in sending it to repair because the price to do that far exceeds the camera price (ebay 30$....)

Sorry for my poor English

Thank you very much

Pedro

Spdtwn
Tinkerer
Username: Spdtwn

Post Number: 19

Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 05:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hola Pedro. What you are proposing to tackle is not quite for the faint hearted! You may first have to remove the top. Take off the release-1xscrew on the side;carefully lift the leather covering on each side remove screws-4x- holding front casting and the complete shutter assy. comes away. All the front optics etc. have to come off. To access the diaphragm requires that you remove the shutter mechanism from the front; it's retaining screws are in the back. When you do get there,pay attention to how the blades are interleaved, ensure they are clean & pivot pins are undamaged.Important,also ensure correct assy of shutter blades-which will fall out when mechanism plate is removed. If this has not put you off,I do have a few exploded diagrams I could e-mail you.

Tranquilo
Tinkerer
Username: Tranquilo

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 05:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much! Well, it hasn't put me off, in fact I really like doing this ;)
If you could be so kind and email me those diagrams, I would deeply appreciate it! I will send you a PM with my email.

Thank you very much for being so kind!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration