Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stuck lens on Isolette I Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Stuck lens on Isolette I « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 22, 2007 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Success!
I just received my "new"/old Agfa Isolette I, that I got off Ebay. It looks like new, including the bellows but, the lens was frozen solid.... I have been reading all the information, on this site, concerning same so, I went to work.... I removed the lens completely from the shutter assy., removed the rear element (Agnar 1:4.5 85mm) and soaked everything in alchol for about an hour. Then I installed a small hose clamp on the outer ring of the mounting ring, heated it up with my heat gun (very carefully), wraped a strip of rubber around the outer focus ring, in order to grip without damaging the mount, gripped the rubber strip with a pair of curved jaw pliers and..... It loosened immediately! Cleaned all the "green" stuff up, re-lubed focus ring threads with white lithium grease, set the focus for infinity with an opaque piece of very thin paper, placed in the film plane and, viola! Good as new... (well almost). I did go ahead and replace the light seal along the hinge, on the rear cover. My point is: Everything I did came off this forum and, I just wanted to say thank you! You have helped me make the $25 investment well worth it.... Now to put it to the real test....."photography"! Thanks again and have a GREAT day!
Frank

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration