Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Slightly OT - re: Sabre S+35 enlarger... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Slightly OT - re: Sabre S+35 enlarger? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peidave
Tinkerer
Username: Peidave

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is somewhat off-topic, yet it is camera related.

Some years ago, I picked up a Sabre S+35 enlarger in a yard sale. After recently getting back into processing some of my own film, I pulled it out of storage, and cleaned it up.

One problem. It is missing its negative carrier. Is anyone familiar with Sabre enlargers, or better yet have one? I am trying to determine the shape of the negative carrier so that I can try to make one. The enlarger is 35 mm only, and yes, I could probably get a newer one fairly easily, but I would love to get this one functional.

It would appear that the space the negative carrier would fit into is 3"x3", and the original carrier would have fit into index pins on the enlarger. It may have been 3x3 square, or may have been slightly under in one direction, with a half moon of metal towards the back to completely cover the light cone from the lens mount.

Does anyone have any information which might help. A search for "Sabre Enlarger" turns up only one hit on the net, and it is a different model.

Dave

Peidave
Tinkerer

Post Number: 33

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here is a hpoto of the Sabre Enlarger. Perhaps these might also have been manufactured under another name as well....
Sabre S+35 Enlarger

Dave

Peidave
Tinkerer

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FYI - I may have found a carrier which will work. I only discovered one link for a Sabre enlarger on the net, a recent sale of a different Sabre model to a lady. I emailed her, asking for a photo of her carrier in the hopes a photo would help me to recreate one. Yes, she was willing, but she had an extra 35 mm carrier she was willing to part with. In a flurry of emails verifying measurements, etc. I have purchased it. It looks as though it will work with this machine, too. I will know of course for certain only when it arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Dave

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration