Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

My latest find Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » My latest find « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Frankl
Tinkerer
Username: Frankl

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 03:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My "new" Zeiss Ikon, Ikonta 521/2 arrived this week.... She's a beauty! No paint chips, bellows look "mint", glass nice and clear, only one cosmetic flaw; a small tear besid the spool end on the bottom of the back cover. The lens is the Novar-Anastigmat 1:4.5, 11cm and it has a Klio shutter. It even came with the auxiliary, collapsable view finder... in it's original box. The timer was sticking and, I tried a couple drops of lighter fluid to free things up but, it was only temporary. Removed the front lens and the front cover on shutter, "washed" it out and the problem is gone. BUT I got some of the fluid on the shutter leaves. Had to remove the rear lens element and after about two hours, things dried out and, it also gave me a chance to clean the other lens elements. I'm anxious to try it out now. I thought I would post this for two reasons; one, to caution anyone with the urge to free up a sticking shutter, to "go easy" with their choice of "solvent". The real problem was that the fluid on the shutter "splashed" on the back sides of the intermediate and rear lens elements. I figured the shutter would eventually dry but would leave "traces" on the glass. The other reason was to get any input from those familiar with this camera, in order to make my experiance more enjoyable. Thank you all for all the great "stuff" on this forum.
Frank..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration