Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 500GX focus ring problem. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ricoh 500GX focus ring problem. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harold_lloyd
Tinkerer
Username: Harold_lloyd

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought an old Ricoh 500GX which is in cosmetically good condition. Apart from the perished lightseals (which I was expecting and will replace), the leatherette at the front is peeling. Can anyone recommend a good adhesive for reattachment?
But... the big problem is that it has a UV filter on the lens which I can't remove and whoever had the camera before tried and in the process loosened the focus ring. It seems to work (split rangefinder image lines up) but it's very sloppy. I unscrewed the shutter ring and the fps ring but there's no access to the focus ring.
I'm wondering if its worth even replacing the lightseals. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration