Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkor 5cm 1.4 LTM collimation Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Nikkor 5cm 1.4 LTM collimation « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bluelight
Tinkerer
Username: Bluelight

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I tested my Nikon RF 5cm lens and found it front focused according to distnace scale on the lens.

I bought it to a repair shop and the collimator reading a gap of 0.05mm and the repairman told me that I can add shim inside the lens.

Could someone help me on how to open the lens to add shim?

Thanks,

Ed

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 441

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ed: Unscrew the slotted spanner ring in the back end, and the whole lens assembly will come out of the barrel. A shim, if required, would go between the lens assembly and the barrel. Here is a sketch of the LTM 50/1.4 - I had to cut it down to the bare essentials to fit into the size limits and still be readable:

50/1.4 LTM Nikkor

Bluelight
Tinkerer
Username: Bluelight

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick,

You always come to rescue....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration