Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T50 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon T50 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 32

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a mint T50 on Ebay, but when it arrived the program dial was frozen and the shutter would not trip the shutter. I placed a little Radio Shack contact spray under the control dial and the shutter button and behold the shutter tripped several times. Problem solved - NOT! Today, the shutter opens half way and the mirror remains in the upright position. It may be a shutter lube problem, or a electrical problem. The seller told me to keep the camera and will refund my purchase price. So, I need some suggestions on what's causing the shutter to hang up half way and the mirror to remain up. Anyone have any suggestions? Changing batteries doesn't make any difference.

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 55

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sticky buttons and dials usually indicate that something was spilled on the camera like soda. The T50 has an easy top to remove. It may be in the bottom winding area as well. Your best bet is to remove the bottom cover and have a look.

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 33

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today I picked up the T50, pressed the shutter button and the shutter snapped just as it should. On the second try, the mirror went up and sayed up. All subsequent shots after that were the same. Press the shutter button a second time and the mirror comes down. Tomorrow [hopefully], I'll remove the bottom plate and attempt to see if a selenoid is sticking. That happened to my mint A-1, but eventually it freed itself after repeatedly winding and snapping the shutter.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration