Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FX Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon FX « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger33
Tinkerer
Username: Roger33

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just aquired a really nice Canon FX in a box of many other vintage cameras. This one is by far in the best condition. Is there any value to this camera? I don't see much talk about it.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 122

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi roger: I sold that model canon back in the late 60s , It is a good mechanical camera It didn't have through the lens metering but it all depends what you are going to use it for. I would highly recomend it but you may have to cla it , Are you interested in collector value or user? Along side it we sold a Canon ft which had through the lense metering also. Again it was a matter of how much you wanted to spend and how it is to be used. I use Leicaflex original cameras and love them for the very bright viewfinder, reminded me of lmy m3 rf camera. Don

Roger33
Tinkerer
Username: Roger33

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don, I was asking if there was any value to this camera as a collector. All of the cameras I have, I like to use from time to time too. I do plan to get it CLA'd but I have a few more in front of it. I'm really impressed by the smooth operation of it. Everything is silky smooth. Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration