Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 AF -- Shutter Problems? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica C35 AF -- Shutter Problems? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Perwin
Tinkerer
Username: Perwin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I inherited a Konica C35 AF a while back and totally forgot I had it until today. When I pulled it out, I decided to try to run a roll of film through the camera to decide what I wanted to do with it.

I loaded brand new AA batteries in and the flash seems to work, but I have discovered that the shutter seems to be having problems.

I was a bit mystified at first because there seemed to be a delay from when I pressed the shutter button, but it did kind of work. (I've read online and see that the camera has always had some sort of delay.) However, it now seems to take at least a minute (sometimes more) before the shutter fires, if it fires at all. I thought maybe there was an additional battery in the thing that needed to be changed, but I could find any info on that.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Many thanks in advance.
Paul

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you set the film ASA value and did you uncap the lens ?
2 AA batteries is al that the camera needs...

Perwin
Tinkerer
Username: Perwin

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I did both.

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 116

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a user's manual available here.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration