Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leicaflex baseplate Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Leicaflex baseplate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 123

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have never checked a Leicaflex and was trying to remove the baseplate, I removed 2 screws but it still stays fast near to the tripod socket. This is the old series leicaflex. Don

Nikos
Tinkerer
Username: Nikos

Post Number: 31

Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You need a #3 Allen driver to loosen the nut that holds in place the tripod screw. In the bottom of the tripod screw you can see a square hollow where the driver fits. You turn clockwise since what you are unscrewing is the female part (attached to the camera) off the male threads of the outside of the tripod socket.

Nikos

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 124

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thankyou Nikos: That was the answer, I guess Leitz didn't want just anyone to service their cameras. I was able to check and clean everything on the bottom, next is to see why the mirror sticks up only on 1/2000 sec. Thanks again .Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration