Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Chinon CM-3 and GAF L-ES Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Chinon CM-3 and GAF L-ES « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

A_lad_insane
Tinkerer
Username: A_lad_insane

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my first post here... after just finding this forum a few minutes ago... I have these two SLR's that I'd like to get back into operable condition...

first off I have a Chinon CM-3 with a jammed winding lever... it was my uncles camera many years ago, and was unfortunately left in a box for a LONG time but only jammed recently.. I don't know its operating condition aside from that..

Also I have a GAF L-ES (which I am to understand is a rebadged CM-2 or the like) that I purchased from a yard sale that seems to have some sort of short... as I got modern equivalent batteries for it and the camera operated for a few dry runs of the shutter etc... and then the batteries were completely dead flat..

any thoughts on what I could do to get these working would be wonderful... I'd like to learn how to do the work myself as my money spent on them was minimal.. but if its the sort of thing that shouldn't be even attempted by a novice I'll just wait until I can afford to have them properly repaired.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration