Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina III Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Zeiss Ikon Contina III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alaskanirish87
Tinkerer
Username: Alaskanirish87

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Zeiss Ikon Contina III from a local thrift store, and managed to not check the lense before I bought it. I was all excited to put film in it and try it out, when I looked intot he lense.. and it's cracked. Is there somewhere that I can purchase a new lense? or would it just be cheaper to purchase a new camera altogether? I imagine there's no way to repair a crack.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 454

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 04:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only way to get a replacement lens is on a replacement camera. I think that the front element on the Contina III is interchangeable, so there is a (fairly thin) chance of finding that element without buying a whole camera, but I'm guessing that if the problem was right out front you'd have noticed it even when not looking for it.

Puderse
Tinkerer
Username: Puderse

Post Number: 15

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it is the interchangable element it should be pretty easy to get either the WA or the Tele and shoot the camera that way. They are sometimes quite reasonable. Look for Pantar lenses, they fit both the Contina and the Contaflex Alpha and Beta.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 455

Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have all 3 - the 30, 45 and 75mm - for my contaflex prima. yes, they can be very reasonable, and you might find a 45mm front element as a separate piece with a bit of luck. the lenses are not tessars of course, but really not bad.... and the tessar-lensed cameras had nothing to match that 30mm wide angle.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration