Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FM viewfinder assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Nikon FM viewfinder assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Davidw
Tinkerer
Username: Davidw

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon FM which allows access to the screen from the bottom. I am replacing the screen, and need to know what order the parts go together.

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 6

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 05:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

all information you need :

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfeseries/fefmshared //html/screenchange.htm

Davidw
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, that is for the FM2, not the FM.

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suggest that you read the Camera sealing articles, the Nikon-EM pdf contains instructions and pictures that also apply to the FM model.

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 59

Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a tricky job, mainly because the spring that holds the screen tightly against the mirror box frame is almost impossible to reinsert without scratching the screen. The only way I have found to do it is to bend the spring permanently so that it exerts less force. the order of the reassembly is as follows:

Viewfinder frame mask, screen, retaining spring, retaining assembly. The hardest part is compressing the leaf spring and sliding it into place without scratching the delicate plastic of the screen. I have no idea how Nikon accomplished this at the factory.

Davidw
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Viewfinder frame mask, screen, retaining spring, retaining assembly."

Is that from the top to the bottom?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration