Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh top plate removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ricoh top plate removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Crutch
Tinkerer
Username: Crutch

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i am trying to remove the top plate of a Ricoh KS super. Things have gone fine until the film advance and the shutter release. Any help would be appreciated. thanks -carl

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 468

Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this camera looks like the Sears KS2 / Ricoh XR7, so I'll guess it's built similarly:

For the wind lever, pull it out and look at it from below - you'll see a screw. Remove the screw, lift off the plastic cover and remove the screw at the hub of the lever.

For the shutter release, look for 3 set screws around the mode selector dial. Remove these, then lift off the top of the dial. There are 3 screws underneath, remove these and lift off the rest of the dial and you should be able to lift off the top cover.

Crutch
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

rick, thanks.
shutter release one screw around mode selector dial and looks like top will lift off around what's left.
wind lever as you said but after screw at hub, it appears that remaining end of shaft going through the top has a span nut around it. and top is still tight at that end of camera. hesitant to remove span but, ....oh well -nothing ventured, nothing lost (oh, that should be gained, but i have a fear of shooting springs)
thanks again. -carl

Crutch
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

top plate removal and reinstallation complete, thanks for the help. -carl

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 470

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry - my notes do show that spanner nut but I neglected to mention it....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration