Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F1 Lake Placid Olympics Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon F1 Lake Placid Olympics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Massey F Jones

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I operate an F1n (my 4th F1) with several Fd lenses. Now that Canon has gone digital, I have basically lost my investment in lenses. Is there anything which will convert FD lenses for use with a Canon DSLR body? My next purchase is sure to be in Nikon, which has a bit of a "grandfathering" in their lenses.

Simon1970
Tinkerer
Username: Simon1970

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There used to be a FD-EOS Adaptor by Canon. The last website that I've visited was:

http://www.cameraquest.com

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 143

Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The genuine Canon item is both rare and expensive. You should also note that due to the optical construction, it will only fit onto certain lenses. There are various third party adaptors sold via ebay and other suppliers. These will fit any FD lens but the results range from awful to just acceptable. If you have any of the L Series telephoto lenses, look out for the Canon item. Otherwise try the adapter before you buy - it will save you a lot of tears in the end.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration