Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT-101: Shutter failure afte... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Minolta SRT-101: Shutter failure after dropping « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

roadwarrioror

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 08:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone tripped on my tripod and it fell on rock. Lens filter ring is dent, and the shutter on my SRT-101 stopped working. Comparing it against my other (working) 101, I noticed the small metal triangle hook visible at the bottom of the lens mount (just below the reflex mirror) is stuck and doesn't respond to film advance. Any suggestion on how I may go about fixing this problem, or is it better off just pay $120 to have it overhauled?

John Shriver

Posted on Monday, October 17, 2005 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probably cheaper to buy another one on eBay. They seem to be selling for under $50. There's a good risk that a dropped camera is unrepairable due to a bent or cracked body casting. Even if you have to pay to have the eBay camera repaired, it's best to invest those dollars in a camera that hasn't been dropped.

Or, if you're feeling brave, get a copy of Tomosy's Camera Maintenance and Repair book. But you need good tools, good hands, and mechanical intuition.

http://john.shriver.home.comcast.net

Herb_bolton
Tinkerer
Username: Herb_bolton

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 02:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got an SRT101 too. Excellent camera until the shutter started sticking. If you have any joy finding repair manual on-line, please drop me a link.
Cheers,
Herb

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 102

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody, this site I think deserves any serious tinkerer's highest esteem: http://www.willegal.net/photo/photo-first_page.htm
Since I found it the repair of SLRs is no longer a dream, as with the help of it I was able to repair/reconstruct even severely damaged SR-Ts in my reach.
As a special project I have made myself a crossover SR-T from a derelict 303b body (considered irreparable by "expert" experts), now it it fully functional again AND it has ALL the features ever included in that model line, cf http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Minolta_SR-T_series

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 24

Posted on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Roadwarrior: THis triangle I believe is the stop down lever for the apeature of the lense you are using. If you are brave you , see if you can retie a spring or straighten a lever to fix it. also the preview dof. is connected there also, lets hope you can access something from the bottom if not to remove the mirror box is a more detailed job. But with what srt101s go for maybe here or on photo.net you may find one. Good luck..Don

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 27

Posted on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fruugal Mikes is fantastic and just what an srt user ,fixer needs..Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration