Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacement mirror for Rolleicord Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Replacement mirror for Rolleicord « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Schall

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Rolleicord I, Type 1 that needs a new mirror. Does anyone know of a source for mirrors? Or does anyone have any replacement mirrors? Thanks.

Winfried

Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The question of replacing TLR mirrors has been discussed seeral times here. Check the archives for "TLR" and "mirror".

There is a guy on ebay from time to time selling new mirrors and screens for Rolleiflexes.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't somebody mention that mirrors from Kodak Instant cameras could be used? Those cameras can be found at garage sales and flea markets for literally peanuts.....

Jan

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, that was me... You can use any Kodak instant cameras with a 'bulge' type housing. If the thickness of the mirror (1.6mm, IIRC) does not match the original one you will have to re-adjust the taking lens.

Cutting thin glass needs some practice but any shop selling custom-made picture frame or window panels should be able to do this job for a few coins for their coffee fund.

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another choice are Polaroid cameras (again, only those with a 'bulge' housing). The SX70 series cameras with a reflex viewfinder even have two suitable mirrors.

Brian Schall

Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Winfried.

After searching the archives, I picked up a Kodak Colorburst off ebay for $2 + shipping. Planning on stripping it for the mirrors. Luckily a friend has some top end stain glass equipment I can borrow to cut it with. Looking forward to getting this camera back to working order. Still need to figure out the winding knob. Does not retract back into the body far enough to engage the film spool. Ideas?

Mike Ste. Marie

Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need a replacement mirror for a Yashica FX-103. I'm not sure of the part no. or what the technical name of it is, but if you remove the lens, its right there in the body, and "flips" up when the shutter is pressed. I have had this camera for a long time and am very comfortable using it. I would hate to pitch it for lack of this broken mirror! Any help would be seriously appreciated! Thanks!

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 13

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have replaced mirrors on yashicamats and the only thing I had to do was reset the viewer lens focus to a ground glass at the film plane ,If they agree you're all set. I have interchanged different types of mirrors between rolliecords and yashicamat etc. The size and shape are the main considerations , the idea I heard of using a polaroid mirror sounds good too. Don

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 33

Posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I still have some first surface mirror left from a job I once did. E-mail me at [email protected] with the exact measurements top n bottom, height, and I can cut one for you and get it in the mail the next day.

Paul, NYC

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration