Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon F-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jackie
Tinkerer
Username: Jack

Post Number: 4

Rating: 
Votes: 1 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This cameras are really hard to come by!!!i all of my 4 year off cameras collecting ..i have never even seen one....REALLY!!!i think i just going to buy it

Glenn Middleton
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 04:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

whilst the F-1 is not exactly overloading every dealer's shelves, they are not in the hen's teeth category either. I suppose it depends on where you are looking and where you are situated. Here in UK there are a number of reputable dealers who have a nice selection on offer and as of this moment eBay US has a couple on offer that look good value.

The F-1 will never be seen in the same numbers as the A Series or even the T Series are, production figures/initial costs dictate this. However despite the doom and gloom merchants, good professional 35mm equipment is both eminently usable and collectible, with many retired former users rebuilding their early kit lists.

jackie
Tinkerer
Username: Jack

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Umm i see...thanks!! but their are very expenses though..

Ben Hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What they sell for depends on whether they're the old or new version, and what finder is included.

Here in the USA, at KEH camera brokers(one of the top used camera dealers), you can get an old F-1 with standard prism finder for under $150 depending on condition. I've even seen them for less than $100 with a wrinkled curtain. The second version, which has several improvements over the first version, sells for a bit more.

Most people consider the F-1N to be more desirable, so they sell for more. KEH can usually get around $200 for an F-1N with standard finder, and maybe $50 more for one with an AE finder FN(which offers aperture priority AE).

By the way, the old F-1 was made from 1971-1981. The F-1N was made starting in 1981. I've heard dates as early as 1986 and as late as 1996 for the last year it was made.

Bythesea
Tinkerer
Username: Bythesea

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having owned both, and the T90, the old F1 was little idiosyncratic, but the handling always felt a little sweeter with the old. EF is one of my all-time favorites; cheap these days (battery issues?)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration