Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Camera for a student Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Camera for a student « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wesneveu
Tinkerer
Username: Wesneveu

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta XG-7 that needs foam and the shutter seems slow. Is it worth the repair or should I buy this X-370 I'm looking at. Is the X-370 much different? Thanks Wes

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The foam is easy to replace, but shutter repair probably exceeds what you'd pay to get another used one. The X-370 may be a better bet if it's in good condition and newer. It's basically the successor to the XG series, and was available new until quite recently. I think it resembles the XG-7 in most respects, but if I am reading the description of the XG-7 correctly, the X-370 may have an advantage in fully manual mode, because its meter still functions.

I have an X370, and it works well. Short of professional features, of course, and lightly made, but it does what it is supposed to, and the metering is very good.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 4

Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately labor costs being what they are, you might find a good x370 on photo.net I am quitde pleased with my old srt101 cameras, lots of lenses available and cheap. But for a course in photography dteachers used to require a manual camera...Good luck..Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration