Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ghost Image on Glass Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ghost Image on Glass « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently aquired at an estate sale a picture frame and glass. The subject's photo had been removed. On the back side of the glass is a distinct ghost image (similar to a Daguerreotype image) of my Wife's distant relative. Judging from the clothing and hair style I would estimate the photo was from the 1930's.
The image is fragile and can be erased as is the case with a Daguerreotype image.
My question is: Has anybody experienced a similar case of this type of image tranfer? Could the image be fixed to a permanent image or must it be protected as with a Daguerreotype?
Many years ago I successfully experimented with the Daguerreotype process thus my fascination with this subject.
Thanks for any input.
Richard Creviston.

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 06:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Put it over a scanner with a white uniform backlight and you will have a digital permanent copy

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 9

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Pablo. I will try that process.
Richard.

Pollie63
Tinkerer
Username: Pollie63

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a very similar picture frame with the images of 2 little girls on it that looks to be dated many years back. It almost reminds me of my mom when she was a little girl(she passed away in 2001). But this is of 2 girls and my mom had no sister. Although it could be a girl and a boy (as my son said it is not 2 girls it is a girl and a boy) They both were very young in this picture and had short curly hair. I purchased this over a month ago at a goodwill store. It is a 8x10 double picture frame with glass and has the cardboard behind it. I bought it because it was old and unique and I wanted to put my kids pics in it. I never knew of the image until recently. It is sitting in a room with no pic in it still. Not long after I bought this frame my older daughter awoke one morning for school to tell me that when she went into her room to go to sleep she had seen a ghost of a little girl with long hair looking right at her. She was so tired and scared that she jumped into her bed and placed her head under the covers and went to sleep...A few things had happened in the house since getting this frame... Very often I can hear things and when I look I see nothing. I had an experience one night when I felt something running across the bottom of the bed where my feet were and when I looked quickly to see if it was my cat it wasn't and I even got up out of bed and looked for my cat and he was in my son's room sleeping in his bed..I had a dream one night recently and it was the 1st time I ever had a dream so real as this.....I was sound asleep and I felt like I was awake lying there with my eyes open but I could not move or speak and I felt someone sitting on my bed and touch my body lightly a few times with their hand. I could litterally feel the presence of someone sitting on the bed very close to me and the light touch of their hand touching me a few times was really scary and I could not move nor look to see who it was and it freaked me out. About a week and a half ago was when my son informed me of the image he saw on only one glass pane of the picture frame. It made me feel like there is a ghost present in my house and when I got this frame to place my own pics on it I refuse to do that now. When I took a picture of it the picture came out with this image on it for anyone to see. This has freaked me out but it has also made me have no fear of ghosts.

Proofblue
Tinkerer
Username: Proofblue

Post Number: 19

Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now that is strange! :-O

Pollie63
Tinkerer
Username: Pollie63

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello,
As I mentioned in my last post about the old picture frame which is a double 8x10 frame. I purchased this at a goodwill store to place 2 of my kids pics in it and had just left it as is and and weeks later one of my kids seen that on one of the glass frames there is 2 little girls sitting side by side. We live on the 1st floor of a 3 story apt. building and people moved into the 2nd floor almost a year ago and I heard that one of their daughters had seen a ghost but we hadn;t spoken to her yet to inquire about what she saw. My daughter said when she was going to bed one night in her room she had seen a little girl about 4-5 ft. tall standing right in front of her so she went into bed and placed her head under the covers and went to sleep. Now, last week we seen the girl upstairs and before we told her what my daughter had seen we asked her what she had seen in her apt. and she said she saw a little girl with long hair so we realized it was the same ghostly figure. Since all of this has come about it is like a big shock and awe to me. I am wondering how to get the history of a house you reside in if anyone might know how to do that sort of thing on here I would appreciate it. I also have a few photos of this picture frame where it shows the 2 people in it and I am going to attach it for people to view & to get opinions.
Thank You
I cannot seem to get this photo to upload so if you want to see the 3 photos I have please email me at [email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration