Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Brillant how to open voigtlander heli... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Brillant how to open voigtlander heliar lens ???? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pcravis951
Tinkerer
Username: Pcravis951

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how to open the heliar front lens ???
i need clean compur rapid shutter
please help !!!

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 122

Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doesn't it unscrew out of the shutter?

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

have a look to see if it is like this one:

http://www.rusted.free.fr/voigtlander%20brillant.html

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 45

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think trichlorethylene has been banned in the US because it is bad for your health. Both breathing fume and skin contact are bad as I remember. Be careful.

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You worried me! I went to my basement to have a look to the trichoroetylene bottle and it says only not to drink it. In France, they do not care about it.
Anyways, the water pipes of all my village are made out of LEAD and if THAT has not killed me yet... I guess the trichoroethilene won't do it either. By the way, the townhall has scheduled to change the pipes in 2016!!!

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trichlorethylene was used to wash down aircraft engines.I have used it many times in the past.An excellent solvent. However it was banned in the 1950's as it was thought to cause serious kidney damage when in contact with skin or inhaled in sufficient quantities. I think it is no longer available in USA.
Ordinary lighter fluid or naptha is an excellent substitute.
Richard.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction to the previous post regarding Trichlorethelene.
I was confusing Trichlor. with Carbon Tetrochloride which we used as engine cleaner.
Please disregard my previous posting.
Carbon Tet. must have affected my brain instead of kidneys and liver. Ha. Richard.

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

as i recall (don't have my compur-rapid brilland at hand), you have to remove the decorative plate--where it says "brillant" and "compur-rapid"--on the focusing ring, which will reveal some screws. remove these screws and you're home free iirc.

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that last post was for the focusing brillant, not the original "normal" version. if you have the latter, then disregard and sorry for the confusion.

best,

-chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration