Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

F-1N and Motor Drive Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » F-1N and Motor Drive Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 23

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was using my F-1N earlier today, and attempted to use the high speed mode.

Basically, the problem I was having was this. When If first pushed the shutter button, I got about four frames, and then the camera would stop and refuse to fire. I could hear a whirring sound from the motor drive, like the sound it makes if you push the shutter button when it's not mounted on the camera, but the shutter didn't release. After releasing and repressing the shutter button, the camera would then fire once more and make the same whirring sound.

I finished up the roll, and then brought the camera inside to warm up(it was around 40 degrees farenheit outside, and the camera had been sitting in my car before being used). After it had warmed to room temperature, I could get about 10 frames, then two, before it would happen again.

I had the thought that maybe the camera battery needed to be replaced, so I installed a new-in-package lithium. I know that this one is good, as it has enough power to kick the meter needle all the way up to f22 when pressing the battery check button.

After I first installed the batteries, I loaded a dummy roll and made it through all 36. Reloading the dummy roll, though, only got me about 15 frames before the problem appeared again.

For what it's worth, I'm using the AA pack, and the batteries are good enough to turn the check light green. Also, when I replaced the camera battery, I took the time to clean every single electrical contact I could reach, including the ones where the drive communicates with the body.

The problem happens with all three shutter buttons.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what may be wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration