Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super Exposure Mode Dial Stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax ME Super Exposure Mode Dial Stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Howardj
Tinkerer
Username: Howardj

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem where the exposure mode dial on my ME Super is stuck in the "Lock" position and will not release - is there an easy way to release. I am only use the camera infrequently and haven't attempted any repairs previously - any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bengi
Tinkerer
Username: Bengi

Post Number: 21

Posted on Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try to lift the dial whilst turning. If it doesn't move I do strongly suggest that you take apart the top cover. Detailed instructions in this site. Do not force the dial as you may damage the small sphere (< 1 mm diameter) and the small spring underneath.

Ben

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 62

Posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 06:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When the Mode Dial is in the LOCK position it should rotate easily to the AUTO position without having to press inthe white button.
However - the white button requires depression in order to move the Mode Dial back to the LOCK position.

The only thing you can try is to firmly press the white button whilst trying to move the Mode Dial from its "Stuck on LOCK" position. If the camera has not been stripped or interfered with since you last used it - and the problem now suddenly manifested, then you might try tapping the mode Dial sharply with your finger-tip (as using the finger tip as a hammer).
Try also applying shutter-release pressure as you attempt to rotate the Mode Dial from its "Stuck on LOCK" situation.

If this does not produce a freeing-up then there is nothing you can do without removing the top-plate and investigating.
The Mode Dial remains attached to the top plate when the latter is removed. Getting the top plate back into position and in synch with its various interfacing components is easy enough if the top plate is removed (and replaced) with the Mode Dial in the AUTO position. Since you won't be able to so remove it - then you might be well advised to pay a few dollars to a Pro Techie who has experience withthe camera model.

Hope this helps.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration