Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K1000 Rewind Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax K1000 Rewind Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dremhmrk2
Tinkerer
Username: Dremhmrk2

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I've gotten ahold of a Pnetax K1000, one of the earlier ones I assume as the top case is metal.

My problem is this:
The rewind knob is missing. I have the metal shaft that the film goes on, and which should be screwed onto the rewin knob, but the knob itself is missing.
How do I get this little shaft back in there? I see a clip or something blocking it. I cant make it with for the time being if I can get the shaft back in.

Also, where would one get a knob?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krp
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Its fairly easy but you'll need a dental pick or something similar (stiff and thin). You might even manage with a toothpick if you're careful. Seat the rewind shaft up through the collar hole until it stops. Using the pick, push the clip wire away from the center of the hole while pushing up on the shaft.

There are rewind knob replacement available on eBay.

I may have a used one

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration