Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FTb QL repair: counter rest Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canon FTb QL repair: counter rest « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Beth_nagle
Tinkerer
Username: Beth_nagle

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am attempting to look into the reason for my counter being frozen. It doesn't advance or revert back to the beginning upon opening the door. I have removed the winding knob and the advance handle, and the screws along the base of the top. I am unsure if anything needs done beyond this and did not want to be too aggressive in prying the top off. Any help would be appreciated. I did purchase what I thought was a repair manual but I am not sure how thorough it is and the instructions for removing the top only speak of removing the items I have removed.

Thanks,
Beth Nagle
www.eclecticcafejournal.com/WordPress

Ben_hutcherson
Tinkerer
Username: Ben_hutcherson

Post Number: 24

Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Set the ASA dial to 25, and the shutter speed dial to 1000. Remove the pin-faced screw in the center of the dial, and then lift the dial off. As you lift it off, you'll note a pin on the dial and four slots on the nylon piece below the dial. Using a permanant marker, mark the slot which the pin was in. When you reassemble the camera, make sure the pin goes back into the same slot. Also, whatever you do, don't remove the nylon piece, or you'll mess up the meter calibration.

Also remove the battery door.

Once you remove the shutter speed dial, the top should fairly easily lift off to a point. Keep in mind that you have three hot shoe wires to contend with. If you need to separate these, be sure to note their position. The center one is the most important-the other two aren't so important unless you plan to use the sort of fussy CAT flash system.

Beth_nagle
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 04:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks much. I might not need to go that far after all as after doing everything I have done so far the counter reset and is moving when I advance. Not out of the woods yet though. I have a problem and not sure how to handle it. The back door is closed and I have no way of popping it open since my rewind knob is disengaged. What can I do to pop this door open so I can re-engage the rewind knob? ( I did not think to NOT close the door). :-)

Thanks,
Beth Nagle

Beth_nagle
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Never mind, take bottom off. :-)

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 10

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beth for future reference you can open the door with a length of wire with hook formed at bottom.
Insert it through the rewind shaft hole and pull up.Paper clip should work. Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration