Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM-2 Needs Repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » OM-2 Needs Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sportdog
Tinkerer
Username: Sportdog

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My dad gave me an OM-2 about 10 years ago and It worked when he gave it to me. It has been in a case indoors ever since. Pulled it out the other day and I cannot get it to do anything. I replaced the batteris and hit the Check-Reset switch to try and release the shutter as it seems to be stuck half way. I cannot use the manual advance as it seems to be stuck also.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 137

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it doesn't have a roll of film loaded in it, does it?

Sportdog
Tinkerer
Username: Sportdog

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No Film in it.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 138

Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when you say the shutter is stuck halfway, does this mean that you can see the metal edge of the curtain when you look in from the back? if so, the only cause that comes to mind to me is something jammed in the gears.... that could be a tedious job to locate and clear the obstruction.

Spyderman
Tinkerer
Username: Spyderman

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 05:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To reset the camera you have to:
1.) replace fresh batteries
2.) set shutter to B
3.) push mode lever to Check-Reset position

AFAIK with OM-2 only pushing the lever to Check-Reset position is not enough, the shutter speed ring must be in B. I hope this helps.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration