Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Focussing Balda Baldinette Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Focussing Balda Baldinette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 05:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just got said Baldinette, and have taken a few pics before I twigged I hadn't adjusted the focus. Don't ask why I forgot - apart from box cameras, I haven't used a point-&-click in years!

On close inspection, I realised that it's not very clear how to set the focus. There is a red triangle on the lens, a red spot on the focus scale and a pointer with a red spot on the outside on the outer rim of the shutter which I guess must be for idiot-proof focusing at f5.6. If I line these up, the red spot is just above the bar that prevents the focus ring from rotating further than the stop.

Does that make sense, and does that sound to anyone else like I should be setting the focus mark to just above the bar?

And can anyone describe, clearly, exactly how the wind-on works? I THINK it is skipping frames, but not knowing whether it is meant to stop at each frame or whether you are meant to stop winding I'm not 100%.

Another screwdriver job. B*gg*r!

Thanks in anticipation,

Adrian

Adrian
Tinkerer

Post Number: 19

Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gah! Write out 100 times "I must Google BEFORE I post!"

Second question answered here:
http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=006VBw
So yes, screwdriver time...

Adrian

Adrian
Tinkerer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oooh, a whole thread to myself!

If you are reading the above, and have a Baldinette, DO NOT follow my suggestion above for focusing! The focus was out on every frame, so I obviously got it back-to-front. The red pointer on the outside rim of the shutter I think is the self timer (it is on the Contina I've just found), which some ape has jammed solid. Given that and the frame spacing being wildly off-kilter, probably due to wear, it looks like becoming a shelf camera. Ah well, what else could I have spent £3 on?...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration