Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus c3 shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Argus c3 shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kismuth
Tinkerer
Username: Kismuth

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just recieved this camera and when I opened up the back of the camera I noticed not only a little rust on the shutter leaves but there isn't a glass between the shutter leaves and the back of the camera. Shouldn't there be? And any helpful suggestion on removing rust from shutter leaves? Also what would you suggest I use to clean gears and such in the camera? Thanks

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 21

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kismuth,

Google is your friend here. The internet is eyeballs-deep in C3 sites, given that they were made by the billion for centuries (OK, perhaps I exaggerate a bit, but...), and tons of info on how to work on them.

Try starting here: http://arguscg.tripod.com/index.html

Not updated very often, but there is usually someone on the other end of an email to help out.

If you can cope with something that is so comically counter-intuitive to use, they are great fun and the lens is really rather good. Good luck!

Adrian

Kismuth
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks.

Greyhoundman
Tinkerer
Username: Greyhoundman

Post Number: 7

Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is no lens behind the shutter.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 142

Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.... and rust on the shutter blades will usually not keep a C3 from working. It's a tank.

Kismuth
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used some tooth paste and carefully polished the rust off the blades and cleaned with alcohol and the shutter is now very smooth. I was amazed at the quality of picture this camera takes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration