Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to disassemble and clean Olympus ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » How to disassemble and clean Olympus Zuiko 85mm f/2 ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spyderman
Tinkerer
Username: Spyderman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

There's quite some dust particles in my Zuiko 85mm lens. I believe it's on the surfaces in front of and behind the diaphragm, because that is the only place where dust can get - through the diaphragm mechanism.

I was able to unscrew the 2 blocks: the rear (focusing ring), and the front (optical block), but I don't know how to get to the aperture. There is the mechanism of the rear floating group... and I think if I could remove the rear group with its mechanism, I could clean the dust in there...

This is picture of the rear of the lens after removing the bayonet:
Image 1

and here after removing the all the guides:
Image 2

Sorry I didn't take a picture of the rear when the focusing ring was removed...

Please, I'd like to know how to get to the aperture. Do I have to go through the front? Or can I just somehow remove the rear group? Please help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration