Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Strange lightning bolts on my agfa cl... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Strange lightning bolts on my agfa clack pictures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Somebody knows why the kind of lightning bolts that you can see on the center of the top of the picture show up? (not the rainbow, the little white lines on the top of the picture)
It is most likely a light leak but from WHERE?

I can not find the source of light. I've added a light seal between the shutter and the camera body but I do not think that the problem comes from there.

Do not blame me for the tacky picture, it was taken by my brother about 20 years ago and since then the camera has been unused. I just got the camera after begging for a week for it.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 145

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's hard to see in your photo, but it might be static electricity throwing sparks as you (or your brother) wound the film. As you begin to use the camera, note whether this occurs repeatedly at the same location on multiple frames (suggesting a light leak) or randomly and not in a repeating pattern (which would be consistent with static sparks)

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Static sparks? Seriously? I did not thought about that! I'll ask my brother to scan some more pictures to see if it is always the same pattern. thanks.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 146

Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, seriously. in dry weather (or possibly when there is a lot of electricity in the air, such as when you might photograph a rainbow as a storm approaches) the moving plastic film can generate a charge and throw a spark to the camera chassis.

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer

Post Number: 13

Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, Im going to try to take some pictures o se what happens.

I use to live in Madrid, and THAT'S dry. Now I live in Paris... and it's ALWAYS damp.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration