Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet frame counter stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Canonet frame counter stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Utku
Tinkerer
Username: Utku

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Frame counter on my canonet giii is stuck on "s" position. I checked the resetter while replacing the seals, it doesn'y have any problem..

how to check and solve upon removing the top frame ?

regards,

utku
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 151

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have any notes on this detail of the Canonet.... but generally, a frame counter consists of a sort of sawtooth-ratchet gear and two little spring blades: one of the blades moves as you wind to push the gear ahead one tooth at each wind, and the second one sits still and keeps the gear from slipping backwards between winds. The second one is the one that pulls away from the gear when you open the back, so that the gear can spin back to zero under the power of a little spring. I suspect if the counter is not advancing, the first blade is failing to engage the gear teeth as it moves... perhaps it has gotten sticky so that it moves past the ends of the teeth instead of dropping in between them.

This fault is uncommon - the more common problem is the dial advancing but failing to return to zero. That is caused by dirt at the spindle of the gear, making it sticky so that the little spring doesn't have enough power to return it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration