Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica autoreflex shutter speeeds and... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica autoreflex shutter speeeds and meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i picked up a beat up autoreflex a while back. needs work but it'll be cool to have a half-frame system camera. anyway, there doesn't apear to be anything in the archives about this, so:

the two major issues are that the while the shutter seems to work ok, the speeds won't go below 1/15. i'm thinking either the sliding override switch is faulty, or maybe the speed control chord is tangled or something? also, the meter doesn't work.

any info out there on tearing down this caemra? any thoughts on what the actual problems might be?

thanks in advance,

-chris

Henry
Username: Henry

Post Number: 48

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was going to do an article on this super camera once. Got a few photos if I can find them. Interested?

Henry

Henry

Post Number: 49

Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh...maybe I should try answering your questions too. This model doesn't have a cord, so much easier to work on. Neither does it have a sliding override switch. Image what you'd get if you crossed an Olympus Pen F and a Pentax Spotmatic.

When disassembling, be VERY careful on the rewind lever. Although it unscrews like most slr's those gears can be damaged easily.

Your meter problem is likely one of two things: wire corrosion from the battery or dirty on/off switch. There isn't much more to the circuit.

Henry

Chrisb
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

any pics would be righteous.

kind of figured as much about the meter. we're talking pretty old technology, after all.

re the speeds, i gotta say, that button on the face of the combined meter cell housing/shutter speed dial sure looks like a sliding override switch to me ;) especially since it slides upwards and there's an arrow pointing in that direction and the word "override"!

seriously, though, are we talking about the same camera? i hope so, because any visual aids would be a lot of help.

best,

-chris

Henry

Post Number: 50

Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh...THAT sliding override switch. :-)

I was wondering what you meant by that. Since you was familiar with the string used in the T-series Konicas I was thinking of my T3...it sets in the livingroom, on a shelf above the TV, in a place of honor. The hardest project I ever had in my beginner tinkering days. It's my "Red Badge of Courage"...so to speak. Figured it must have had an override switch inside to do its fancy auto mode. That teaches me to "figure".

The override switch on the Auto Reflex simply allows choosing any EV out of its metering range. It doesn't just tell you your EV is out of range, it stops the shutter button from functioning. One of my Auto Reflexes sits beside the T3. They look good together. The Auto Reflex is a much easier camera to work on.

I'll email you the photos.

Henry

Chrisb
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks, that's great.

yeah, it seemed like that must be what it's for. actually, i've never seen the inside of a konica of any kind. i just "did a t3" :0 and figured there be strings involved.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration