Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35S Lens problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Rollei 35S Lens problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dvimages
Tinkerer
Username: Dvimages

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I wondered if any one could help me with a problem with rollei 35S. I can't get the focus to rotate when I pull lens out and lock it in position. It refuses to budge at all.
Thanks,
Scott

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 35

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am sorry but I never had an issue like that on any Rollei 35 I had and I had quite a few. Older cameras often suffer from a frozen focus but the Rolleis are not as old as that and I never encountered it. Stupid idea: sou are aware that only the front ring of the lens rotates and not the whole lens barrel?

Dvimages
Tinkerer
Username: Dvimages

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Shame about that, yes I've had one before but never had problem. I have just got this one and think someone has taken lens apart and then not put back together properly.Ebay, I think I should give up trusting sellers although this has been the most expensive sting. Do you know where I can get info on dismantling lens?
Cheers

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 37

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The name ring of the Rollei 35 S lens can be lifted off with a fine tool like a needle or a tiny watchmakers screw driver. Behind it you will find some screws which connect the focus ring to the lens. That is all I know. I have not been deeper into the lens. Here is a link to a Rollei 35 repair manual. I have copied it from a different thread. It depicts exploded views of the lens:

http://www.box.net/public/RT1alecn4t

After having repaired the lens you have to reset the inifinity focus. In case that it is impossible to repair it I could perhaps offer a spare lens. If you are interested please contact me directly via email. But the best is to repair the lens belonging to your camera. The exchange of lenses itself should not be difficult at the Rollei 35. But it might be tedious to reset the infinity focus afterwards.

Good luck!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration