Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Painted on Logo Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Painted on Logo « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone out there had much success on repaining a painted logo which is all messed up on my Fed 5C? I had a piece of tape over the light meter and logo when I ws stripping down my camera, and alas, off came the logo and paint when I removed the tape. I have it temporarily covered over, but if possible I'd like to get it back to the original, or as close as I can come. I'm thinking of some press on lettering or something like that. Thanks, Harlee

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 23

Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It might sound weird, but this is an effective way of painting a logo on a camera.

You take an erasor (one of those that you use to erase pencil) This erasor has to be very soft. In spain, the best brand is MILA. It has one good property, it is porous and the paint can get in.

You have to paint the logo on the erasor AS A MIRROR IMAGE, and then, with lots of care, you have to remove with a cutter a layer around the logo.

You only have to paint the erasor with some paint and then stamp your logo.

You have then

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 126

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pablo's DIY method is a very simple, hand applied version of the 'Tampo' machines used to apply painted details to diecast models and perhaps even camera bodies.

You may find that one of those firms that cuts and supplies self adhesive vinyl letters, can produce letters in the size you require. My local firm can produce very small letters etc, as long as they have the artwork supplied.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration