Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro CC Flash Synchro Repl... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Yashica Electro CC Flash Synchro Replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doublecappuccino
Tinkerer
Username: Doublecappuccino

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I just got a Yashica Electro CC and it arrived without a flash sync terminal (the synchro terminal assembly and cap are not there, but the nut is intact).

Can I use a synchro terminal assembly and cap from a junker Yashica Electro G, GS, or MC?

Do I soder the new assembly to the green wire inside the CC? The green wire is loose, coiled and unterminated, inside my CC, so I'm guessing that's the one but just want to be sure.

And, um, do I soder the wire to the assembly itself or the nut?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Greyhoundman
Tinkerer
Username: Greyhoundman

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can use one from another Yashica. You solder the green wire to the tiny metal tip on the end of the sync terminal.

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 36

Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Within the inner PC contact of the CC there should be a little needle like pin. The purpose of this pin is to swith into flash mode once a flash light plug is plugged in. I think you have to rebuild this pin otherwise the flash would fire but the camera electronics might open the shutter for too long.

Doublecappuccino
Tinkerer
Username: Doublecappuccino

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greyhoundman and Reiner - Thank you! If the flash terminal assembly I grab from the junker doesn't have the pin, I'll attempt to do what you said Reiner.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration