Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Om2n shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Om2n shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

while waiting for replies to my last posting, i took a look at an om2n that camer with a lens i bought. shutter curtains were hung up. i respooled the cords and boom goes the dynamite.

the shutter won't fire without a little help, though. a lot of the shutter on my camera is concealed by the circuit board, so i can't say it's not something else. and i should point out that manually triggering one or two other parts that seem more related to the closing curtain action than the opening curtain action, will cause the shutter to fire. that being said, if you look at pg. 10 of the om2spt article found here (http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/), it seems as if 'k plate b' needs just a little more oomph to trigger the 'releasing claw.'

i can't tell from the image because its not clear enough, but it may be that 'k plate b' and 'k plate a' are not correctly adjusted relative to one another. on my camera, 'a' has three notches or steps where 'b' latches to it. when the mirror on my camera is charged, 'b' only steps up to the second notch. however, if i tension 'b' to the point it would be if it stepped to the third, this gives it enough energy to trigger the releasing claw.

so my questions are: can anyone tell me if i'm on the right track? if not, where should i be looking? and does anyone have a om2n service manual a/o parts diagram? i've scoured the net and can't find anything on this camera.

best,

-chris
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After looking at it some more i'm not so sure 'b' isn't latching correctly. 'a' has four possible latching points. 'b' is stepping up to the third.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration