Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ciro flex and 120 film Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Ciro flex and 120 film « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kismuth
Tinkerer
Username: Kismuth

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I got a ciro flex that takes the 120 film. It has the red window so the film needs to be paper backed. Is all 120 film paper backed? Or is there any of it paper backed?

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 36

Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 01:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I only know the 120 film that it's paper backed.

Kodak mades excellent 120 film for professional use.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 22

Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 04:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

220 film is (was?) 120 width without a paper backing, for use in cameras with an automatic frame spacing mechanism, and thus no need for a red window. This allowed you to get a double-length roll of film in because it was that much thinner without the backing.

However if it is called 120 as far as I have ever seen it'll have a paper back. I don't know about Kodak 120 film as all I have ever seen in colour here in the UK is Fuji, but it seems pretty good to me! As for B&W film, I suspect a web search is your best bet. As you are finding US-built cameras I am guessing you are in the US, so I have no idea where you'd look for film.

By the way, a quick Google for Ciro Flex suggests that you have a sort of TLR equivalent of your C3 - built from boilerplate, but much better than you'd think.

Hope some of that ramble helps,

Adrian

Kismuth
Tinkerer
Username: Kismuth

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks all.

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I once used an old tlr with 400 asa film and left it out in the sun, believe it or not there was a light fog mark that aligned with the red bulls eye...I made a flipper door for it, problem solved. Also the ciroflex is very easy to work on. Don

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration