Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax MX shutter Jammed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax MX shutter Jammed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kolklink
Tinkerer
Username: Kolklink

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 02, 2007 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well i read around the fourms, and found the basic tricks(hit the bottom n such) all have failed so im in search of some more adavanced help, ill try to explain the sitiuation as best i can

the shutter wind lever will not move, when i pull on it the shutter cloth moves slightly. and it seems that im pulling on the cloth. rather than some solid blockage, the lever when it stops had some give, but i dont want to force it. The shutter itself seems to be in eihter a half cocked or half, traveld position, but i belive its half cocked, The release button, goes to the half travel positon(ie: turns light meter on)but will go no further. The mirror, was half way up, but i pushed it back down,(via the metal tab to the right(from the top) of the mirror and now it seems to be fine, The camera has been serviced and lubed (NOV.06) and is under warranty, but i dont live near where it was serviced and the warranty is good anymore so id rather just fix it myself

Anyways, thats the just of my knowlage, im not very expericened with, with camera repair, but im quite techinally minded, so i feal quite confidant in taking the camera apart any help would be Greatly apreciated
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Docman
Tinkerer
Username: Docman

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

see the mx repair manual.
http://www.robertstech.com/files/mx_sm.pdf

if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration