Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Exa 1a disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Exa 1a disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dreamer
Tinkerer
Username: Dreamer

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gentlemen:
Is there anyone that can tell me how to remove the advance lever on an Exa 1a? I believe that the upper ring comes off but it seems to be very firmly attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dreamer

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 25

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are 2 varieties. I believe the earlier type has a screw-on ring like the Exa IIa which you can get off with a friction tool (anti-clockwise). The later type has a black index ring for the film reminder (like the Exa IIb) which you can prise out.

In either case you then have to remove the centre screw from the frame counter disc which is a bit tricky. You have to hold the frame counter disc to stop it turning, while you undo the center screw. If it is not too tight you may do it with friction, but I have always found them VERY tight! I turned up a piece of nylon bar to form a short tube with a tapered bore to grip the disc (15mm dia). If you remove the vinyl trim from the centre screw you have a shallow hole (5mm dia) with a hole (about 1mm dia) offset on a 1mm radius. I also made a tool to fit this, though the depth and position of the hole seems to vary quite a bit between cameras. You might be lucky and get the screw out without going to these lengths, but don't bet on it!

Once this is off, remove the circlip (turn it so you can take it off without removing the film-speed reminder) and shim/s. Take out 3 screws and remove the wind lever and the spacer below it. The screws are lacquered and may be very tight. If necessary use some thinners to dissolve the lacquer.

Best of luck!

Dreamer
Tinkerer
Username: Dreamer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the help! It Worked!
Dreamer

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration