Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Industar 22 ,Russian Elmar Clone - Ba... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Industar 22 ,Russian Elmar Clone - Barrel Removal. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_cribbin
Tinkerer
Username: John_cribbin

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my growing by the week collection of Fed's and Zorki's, I have quite a few of the colapseible standard lenses.

As you would expect many have stiff focusing and dirty elements. These areas I have been able to deal with with little problem. Many of the barrels are scratched, some quite heavily and I would like to try and deal with this. I have used automotive chrome cleaner with great success on lens barrels in the past and this will be my method of choice.

In order to do the job properly I want to remove the barrel, but how to do it? I know the front ring unscrews by loosening the single retaining screw, but the ring will not unscrew past the diaphragm adjustment ring. It looks like this ring has to be removed first, so if you can point me in the right direction, I'd be most obliged. Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 137

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look into the back of the lens and pull out the cylindrical baffle. This will reveal two slotted lock rings. Unscrew the outer ring and the whole lens unit will then come out from the front of the barrel. You may have to hold the front of the lens by the diaphragm ring, to stop it rotating. Do not loose the spacer washers/rings, used for focus adjustment. Now unscrew the front ring.

Give the felt seal in the mount a good clean in Ronsonol and make sure it is not full of grit. If it looks worn or feels rough, replace it - most of the scratches on the barrel come from dirt/grit lodged in the felt.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration