Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica A3 repairs Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Konica A3 repairs « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liquidlucidity
Tinkerer
Username: Liquidlucidity

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 23, 2007 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I recently purchased a Konica A3 off eBay. After shooting I found it has a pre-fire problem (shutter fires when winding). Sometimes is happens 20% of the time, sometimes not for 40 shots, and then sometimes for 40 shots in a row. Quite erratic. I've found some info on the web about it, but no good pictures/descriptions of how to take it apart. Any good resources out there?

I am pretty sure the winding lock is on bottom. If anyone knows how to take the bottom off, please let me know.

Thanks!
David

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 29

Posted on Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The bottom is held by two screws, one at each end of the bottom plate. You may have a sticky shutter release mechanism or another problem requiring extensive disassembly. This is not a task for a novice. Considering the very low prices of T3s on eBay, you are probably better off replacing the A3 with the more capable T3.

Liquidlucidity
Tinkerer
Username: Liquidlucidity

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Hovaness,

Thanks for the info. After gathering notes off the web and playing with it for a while, I noticed the ring on the body inside the lens mount would turn as I wound the crank for film advance (when the pre-fire occured). I found if I pressed the tab on the ring with a little bit of pressure, I would hear a faint click and then the camera would wind and fire properly. So I figured either something was a little gummed up or a spring wasn't strong enough to pull it all the way back.

I put a few drops of lighter fluid at a couple of points on the ring and it's working fine! :-))

I'll put together some photos and explanation in case this may be able to help someone else.

David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration