Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica ST 605 Removing Top. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Fujica ST 605 Removing Top. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sonlight
Tinkerer
Username: Sonlight

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I want to remove the top off my Fujic ST 605. I have managed to take the lever off and also the winder but I think maybe the shutter speed dial and the shutter release button need removing as well. Can anyone help please ?

Sonlight
Tinkerer
Username: Sonlight

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I posted the question I have managed to take the top off my Fujia ST605. In case it may be useful to someone, this is how I did it:
I first of all removed the wind on lever with a friction screwdriver that I made from a valve grinding stick which has two rubber suctions which I cut off just leaving the rubber stump, it cost 99 pence from a car acccessory shop. Then I unscrewed the film rewinder as per "admin" instructions using a chopstick (see "Articles"). There were two tiny screws then holding the top on, one on the back and one on the right side under the wind on lever. I undid these with a cheap set of precision screwdrivers that had cross heads. Next job was to unscrew the battery cover and remove the batteries. Now the top can be lifted off slowly, taking extra care because there is a wire attached to the flash hot shoe and also watch out for a particular shaped washer under the shutter speed dial, make a note of what position it is in for refitting otherwise the shutter speed dial won't work correctly. Another thing I would mention is to magnetise your screwdriver. I hope this will be helpful.

Qaeng
Tinkerer
Username: Qaeng

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Picking up on your comment about your impromptu friction screwdriver: I recently picked up a roll of not-sure-what-to call-it at Walmart. It's a tacky rubber like weave material that's sold in the RV accessiores section. I originally just wanted to keep some small speakers on the top of our buffet after my wife started using them for bookends. Other useful applications include pressure screwdriver (I have removed the winder screw and rewind trim ring from my Fujica ST705 as well as the trim ring around the front of the Fujinon lens) and a workmat for when I remove those tiny screws from my camera so they don't disappear onto the floor.

Qaeng
Tinkerer
Username: Qaeng

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to mention. I keep a small square of it in the kitchen drawer for removing stuck jar lids. Someday this stuff may achieve the notoriety of duct tape!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration