Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I found a guy that makes bellows for ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » I found a guy that makes bellows for any camera... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out this guy he can make bellows for just about any camera. He made a Speedx-Special R bellows for me that is exactly like the original.

www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 49

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The link does not work.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 19

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm

I cut n paste it to my navigator and it worked. For some reason you can't just click on it. I have no idea why it doesn't work like that here.

Pablomartinez
Tinkerer
Username: Pablomartinez

Post Number: 50

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now it works, who knows...

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm

If you can not click on it it's because the url is missing the http//

Thanks

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 20

Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try it now

I cut n paste it to my navigator and it worked. For some reason you can't just click on it. I have no idea why it doesn't work like that here.

Glenn_thoreson
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn_thoreson

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No one has been able to contact Mr Kapono for a long time. He owes several ffolks either money back, bellows or both. Beware!

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 69

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been trying to get in touch with him but no answer since June. I suspect he is involved in one of his researc h projects for his degree as a grad student.

I wrote a letter to him last week and am waiting for a responce. I have e-mailed him and left many messages, yet no responce.

I too have several outstanding issues with him, but I am trying to be patient. Anyone that has a camer with me knows the status and have been very patient as well.

It would be too bad if he doesn't return since his product was excelent and he delivered fast. I also enjoyed talking to him sicne he is an interesting fellow.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 82

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm. Let's hope that grad student woes are all that are going on here (especially as I have a Retina in need of bellows!). I work with a few of them, and it can get pretty hectic for 'em.

Adrian

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 176

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why do some people with useful talents tend to do this - just disappear - it takes nothing to send an email, postcard or even make a phone call. Most of the people using their services, will only be too happy to wait as long as they know the situation/problem. The most important thing being the eventual restoration using a well made and fair priced replacement.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer

Post Number: 70

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll tell you I am pissed as well. Marc's last e-mail to me was about sending me a couple Viking bellows. He was working out some vigneting problem and said the newer version will be in the mail that weekend in May. I haven't heard form him since.

I did e-mail one of his alums at his school, she said last she saw him was heading into the Hawian jungles early June to work on the project. she had no other contacts and doesn't know any other people that may know.

I hope all is well, that he didn't contract some crazy strain of malaria or something worse.

I doubt Marc would run off with anyone's money or cheat them. He was very honest n up front with me. In fact I was installing bellows for his customers so he can dedicate his efforts making them when not get bogged down.

He does make a nice product, the price is right, plus most of all he stands behind his work 100%.

I say lets be patient a bit longer before giving up on him.

If anyone has any other ideas how to locate him let me know?

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 83

Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds like we need Henry Morton Stanley!

Dr Kapono, I presume?

Adrian

Csupplee54
Tinkerer
Username: Csupplee54

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might give this company a try. They are out of England, but they make the replacement bellows for the Fuji GS645. I have one and it is great. Try emailing them about your camera. Chances are they already have a pattern for it. http://www.camerabellows.com/

Rj_
Tinkerer
Username: Rj_

Post Number: 23

Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the link - It's lovely to see an English company still producing replacement bellows. They seem to be based in Birmingham (the Midlands).

I was hoping Marc Kapono would be able to respond to forum poster's discontent. The difference between an independent (one person) service and a larger company like Camera Bellows is, that if anything goes wrong in one's life, all of it can fall apart without much backup.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration