Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

The Nimslo 3D Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » The Nimslo 3D « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doc_velocity
Tinkerer
Username: Doc_velocity

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just realized that this year, 2007, the infamous Nimslo 3D camera turned 25 years old. Which makes it an antique, if not a classic.

In honor of the occasion, I dug out my two Nimslo 3Ds and loaded them with their required 386 batteries, just to test them and keep their components moving.

And I was sort of surprised to find that the automatic shutters aren't responding anymore Ñ I mean, the shutter remains open for as long as I hold the shutter release, although the thing is supposed to self-adjust its shutter speed per lighting conditions. And both Nimslo cameras are misbehaving in this fashion.

I remember once reading somewhere that the photosensitive eye of the Nimslo requires exposure to bright light for a period of time before it will function properly, but I can't confirm that as yet.

Anyone else out there have experience with the Nimslo 3D and its peculiar shutter behavior? Thanks!

Ñ Doc Velocity

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration