Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spotmatic F Metre Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Spotmatic F Metre « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bassism
Tinkerer
Username: Bassism

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with my Spotmatic F. The metre is giving what seems to me to be about 5 stops underexposure. I'm hoping to borrow a camera from a friend to make sure. I know that the readings are considerably lower than they should be though. I bought a Minolta Hi Matic using the same battery, and switched the batteries when the metre in the Minolta didn't seem to be working. I left the batteries switched overnight, and that's when the proble appeared. I know that both batteries are good however. I presume that there is some provision within the camera for calibrating the metre. Would it offer enough adjustment to make up for ~5 stops? Does anybody know how that would be accomplished? Is there some other likely solution? The natural answer of course is to send it in for a CLA, but I don't have the means for that. I'm confident that I could do it, but I need the information. Anybody that can help?

Thanks, Martain

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration