Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Super Program focusing screen ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Pentax Super Program focusing screen replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Morgan
Tinkerer
Username: Morgan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was hoping someone could give me help on replacing my pentax super program damaged focusing screen. I am not sure where to access it from...removing top cover and working downwards or going in thru the lens opening?...I have some diagrams but not sure. any help is apprecciated

thanks

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 203

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure about the Super Program; in the Program Plus, you remove 2 screws above the screen inside the lens mount, and the screen frame drops down to release it. It's not quite the same as a user-interchangeable screen, there are a couple of loose parts to fiddle with.

If your camera has 2 screws in the front above the screen, try pulling them. If not, you probably have to go in from above.

Zygi
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 14

Posted on Friday, March 23, 2007 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Rick,you are right..The stripe above the mirror in front of screen, covers screen release tonge and indeed is screwed in.When screws are off it is easy to get rid of plate and have free access to release the screen. I done it some time ago myself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration