Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB 67 view finder screws stri... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Mamiya RB 67 view finder screws stripped « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jonny
Tinkerer
Username: Jonny

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok,

So, I've almost dropped my older RB twice because the screws on the top of the body that secure the prism or waist level view finder are stripped. One is completely gone, the other will hold long enough for me to shoot a few rolls. Of course, the minute I forget to support the weight of the body and pick up the camera by the prism...it's all over- two tiny screws go flying across the room...luckily I've found both screws everytime.

I wonder if the holes can be re threaded for a slightly larger screw, or could I use a little jb weld on the screws as I screw them back inot the body. Super glue? Any ideas out there?

I love this forum, i've fixed so many little things on my cameras with the great advise I get from all of you.

Thanks for all the help.

jonny
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 202

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd drill them out and tap them for the next size up... it'll come out stronger than the original due to the larger screw size. JB Weld or super glue may make a temporary fix but it will also make it harder to do the job right later on, as you'll have to get the gunk out.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration