Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleicord V Film Advance Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Rolleicord V Film Advance Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul_mysterioso
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_mysterioso

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I discovered this forum through Google this morning. As I collect and use vintage cameras I hope to increase my knowledge about the various I use and am interested in acquiring later. I primarily use medium format twin lens reflexs, box and folding cameras by Rollei and Zeiss.

At the moment I'm having trouble with my Rolleicord V. I've had this wonderful camera for a year now and never had any problems with it until this week. I was out taking photographs with a freshly loaded roll of film when the film advance jammed on the first exposure. I had to open the back of the Rollei to reset the counter, sacrificing two exposures, and the camera worked fine. I put a new roll of film through the Rollei and that worked fine. I thought this problem was just a fluke, but when I put a third roll of film through the Rollei jammed on the second exposure. I returned to my local camera shop and used their dark room to remove the film. I thought the advance problem might be caused by a bad batch of film. I reloade the roll of film and the camera jammed on the second exposure again. I removed that roll of film and threw it away, loading a new roll of film in and that worked up to the sixth exposure when it jammed again. I returned home, removed the film int he camera and put a new roll in and did a test run and that worked fine, but when I put another roll of film in that jammed, too.

The teeth on the silver wheel next to the take up spool seem clean and intact. I put a spool in and the unit turns without a problem. I'm wondering if the problem originates from within the camera itself ... perhaps a wheel out of alignment or a piece of debris that's clogging the works.

Does anyone have an opinion on what the problem may be? Would it be a fairly simple fix at a camera shop?

Thanks,

Paul

Lucas
Tinkerer
Username: Lucas

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the Vb the filmadvance is released just before the shutter is released when you push the lever, and the linkage for that is adjustable. The V is probably similar, it sounds like it is no longer properly adjusted on yours. It might be an easy fix.

Paul_mysterioso
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_mysterioso

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Lucas! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration