Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leica IIIa Main Speed Dial Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Leica IIIa Main Speed Dial « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dannl
Tinkerer
Username: Dannl

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose the dial was reinstalled in the wrong position when the camera was updated to include a flash sync. The dial is about two positions off from where is should be. I loosened and removed the small set screw but I fear damaging the assembly while attempting a readjustment using force. Does the dial itself rotate off, or screw off, or pop off from it's shaft? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Dann

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 213

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the IIIa, the shutter speed dial unscrews (counter-clockwise) after removing the set screws.

On the IIIC and IIIF, it lifts off.

In either case, to adjust the speed positions you should be able to loosen the set screws and rotate the dial to the correct position.

Dannl
Tinkerer
Username: Dannl

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick, that worked perfectly. I don't why, but it drove me nuts with the dial being incorrect.

I appreciate the guidance. Again, Thank you.

Dann (South Oklahoma City)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration