Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon EM shuttle speed scale issues Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2007 » Nikon EM shuttle speed scale issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rqwkt
Tinkerer
Username: Rqwkt

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all,

I just found a couple of older SLR cameras while cleaning around the house - presumably my dad purchased them back when he used to run a photo lab. The first, a Minolta 7000, appears to work fine (though the internal lithium battery has long been dead).

The Nikon EM, however, is in great condition but appears to have some trouble with the shutter speed scale. I've replaced the batteries and the meter activates, but most of the time tends to want to stay stuck at the top end of the scale or swing wildly instead of providing useful information. Any ideas why this might be the case and/or options for repair, if any?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 219

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An erratic or jumpy meter needle is common in many Nikons, including the EM, caused by a dirty variable resistor. In the EM, this is located behind the lens mount. If you would like to send me an email, I can send you a sketch for it. rick_oleson@yahoo.com

Rqwkt
Tinkerer
Username: Rqwkt

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sent! Thanks much.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration